You can view all our current courses on the online course guide.
Autumn 2020 online learning programme
East Berkshire Community Learning and Skills Service has gone online with its latest courses. Whilst the current lockdown is in place we are delivering free courses to residents in Slough and RBWM targeted at basic skills level. Residents can learn online with us this term and then progress on to a qualification in the Autumn term. Our courses are delivered using Zoom and tutors support learners with additional learning in between online sessions. Learning online helps to keep residents in touch with others, keep their mind active and the mental health positive.
Maths, English and Digital Skills
- Maths for work (Level 1 & Level 2). Improve your maths skills to help with finding work.
- Everyday Maths. Improve your maths skills for use in everyday situations.
- English for work (ESOL Entry level 3). Learn English for the workplace covering grammar, spelling and pronunciation.
- Everyday English. Improve speaking and listening by reading text on topics and themes and expressing opinions and views.
- Learn MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Build your self confidence in using in Microsoft Office applications for use in a work place. Learn each application individually.
Courses for the newly unemployed
- Job search workshop.Where to look for jobs and how to sort information required for an application.
- CV building workshop. Draft a CV or review your existing CV and learn how use it for different jobs.
- Interview techniques workshop. Prepare for interviews: what to wear, tests, interviews, and STAR Technique.
- Application form workshop. Understand how to complete a job application to get an interview.
Course for longer term unemployed
- Personal development for employment. Build a personal action plan: improve your confidence, identify strengths.
Wellbeing and family courses
- Nursery rhyme fun. For families to learn about rhythm, rhyme and repetition, imagery and imagination.
- Famous speeches throughout history. Learn the language of famous speeches throughout history.
- Debates and hot topics. Use speaking and listening techniques to develop perspectives on issues.
- Pilates. Learn and develop Pilates for health and wellbeing.
- Crochet and finger knitting. Two courses to learn how to stitch and complete a project.
How to apply
To apply and for information about courses call 07808 884459 and speak to a Customer Service Advisor.